Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Red Sea

The Red Sea
The first place I visited in Africa was the Red Sea . It is so huge that it has a surface are of roughly 438,000 kms (169100 square miles.) while there the man that was showing me the place said to me that there are also intensive shallow shelves, noted for their marine life and corals, and also the sea is the habitat of over 1,000 invertebrate species and 200 soft and hard corals. It was nice to look at it and nice to know that I visited the world's northernmost Tropical Sea.The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian ocean lying between Africa and Asia I was thrilled to be there. The connection is in the south    through the Bal el Mnadep strait and the golf of Aden.

Coral-filled bay on the Egyptian Red Sea
http://www.rotaru.com/

Beautiful site. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment