Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Marble Towers

A hot day in Johannesburg South Africa, we visited the marble tower. We couldn't get to go inside of it at the time, so the guide gave us a few information about it. The marble towers was built in 1973 and is 32 stories tall.  It looked like it was going to fall down on top of me and whoever was standing around it. The building has an eight story parking garage attached to it and I know people be happy to park their vehichles their It has the biggest electronic sign in the southern hemisphere measuring 44 meters by 32 meters by 12 meters. It is made out of a mixture of concrete and marlbe.I think thats very expensive to build a tower like this and a lot of hard work. It probably took people years to finish this building. Its main usage is for commercial office. Maybe if I was living there I, I would have been working there because its so beautiful.




http://www.amethyst.co.za/JhbLandmarks/http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=building&lng=3&id=marbletowers-johannesburg-southafrica
emporis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment